Did you read Midnight at the Barclay Hotel yet...? Here are some activities you can do before, during, or after reading:
1. Find your way out of the Barclay Hotel maze;
2. Make a WANTED poster!Check with your parents or guardians first...
3. Try finding all the mystery words in this Barclay Hotel word search;
4. Find your own haunted location... If you dare! With your parent or guardian’s approval, do a search combining your hometown plus haunted location, for example: ‘Denver Haunted Locations.’ You can then learn more about what happened in those places that make people think it’s haunted. Sometimes, there are even (family-friendly) haunted tours in your town…
5. Write Fleur Bradley an email! With your parent or guardian's permission, of course. She'll always respond, and you'll get a signed bookmark mailed to you if you like! Her email address: Fleur@ftbradley.com
Contact Fleur Bradley: Fleur@ftbradley.com
About Midnight at the Barclay Hotel
Coming Aug. 25, 2020..! (Viking / Penguin Random House)
Hunting ghosts and solving the case before checkout? All in a weekend's work.
When JJ Jacobson convinced his mom to accept a surprise invitation to an all-expenses-paid weekend getaway at the illustrious Barclay Hotel, he never imagined that he'd find himself in the midst of a murder mystery. He thought he was in for a run-of-the-mill weekend ghost hunting at the most haunted spot in town, but when he arrives at the Barclay Hotel and his mother is blamed for the hotel owner's death, he realizes his weekend is going to be anything but ordinary.
Now, with the help of his new friends, Penny and Emma, JJ has to track down a killer, clear his mother's name, and maybe even meet a ghost or two along the way.
Are you considering using Midnight at the Barclay Hotel in the classroom or in your library? There is an educator guide you can use here:
Fleur Bradley is also available for (virtual or in person) school visits; find out more on her author visits page!